Hello Takehiro,

Friday, May 26, 2000, 6:15:40 PM, you wrote:

TT> At 00:28 00/05/23 +0200, Roel VdB wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I did some test with "-Z", and must say I'm really impressed. Maybe a
>> little bit more bits to hard parts, but I've found no things that
>> sound really off.
>>
>> The size benefit is great!
>>
>> Just my opinion, many may differ :)

TT> Thanx, Roel.

no problem, thank you for the great feature :)

TT> I'll be this feature as default for -h or -q 2 and upper setting
TT> and remove -Z option.

I'd prefer the "-h" setting, or just default when using vbr.  Btw:
what I did not test is without minimal bitrate set. I tested quality
of "-V1 -b128 -mj -h" and alike...

TT> I think the next step is subblock gain. I'll merge the feature from
TT> my snapshot to the current LAME. maybe that will be another "-Z"
TT> option.

I'm curious already :)

--
Best regards,
 Roel                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]