> > The thing is - unless the different bitrates have the same frequency and
number of channels then surely they are too dissimilar after the resampling
to gain very much?

> Well, the psycho acoustics should be the same :-)

Some things might be similar, like m/s choice, block type decision, but the
bit allocation is diffinitively different, as the number of bits available
is different and frequency distribution is different due to filters.

So yes, you'll probably gain something like 5-10%, but I personnaly think
that it's not enough to justify an heavy code modification.

Regards,

--

Gabriel Bouvigne - France
[EMAIL PROTECTED]