Gabriel,
I don't think is very complicated to add the CDex Riff-Wav code to Lame front-end, maybe later this week I have some time to implement this

Albert

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, October 01, 2000 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: [MP3 ENCODER] wav/riff header support and preciseness of lame

>- Lame does not support outputting to a wav file with mp3 compression (a mp3 with wav header). Since these files are >needed for programs like virtualdub (for combining video and audio), this feature would make lame even more complete.

I agree about this. I'd also like to see this feature in Lame. It would be nice if someone would add a --l3wav option to Lame (note: this shouldn't be too difficult as it's already implemented in cdex)

>- 'Preciseness' of lame: when I encode a wav file with a length of 97 minutes and 4 seconds, the resulting mp3 is only 97 >minutes and 3 seconds. This impreciseness is much smaller than the fraunhofer codec's as found in AudioActive >Production Studio 2.04 (about 5 seconds shorter), but nevertheless unwanted. For perfect video and audio combining, the >tracks should be exactly the same length.

How to be sure that it's not a decoder problem? It seems that some decoders report false durations, even for cbr encoding.

Regards,

--

Gabriel Bouvigne - France
[EMAIL PROTECTED]