Annie Young writes:  "Atlanta has the largest downtown Central Park built in
the last 25 years with fountains, music, a "portable" ice rink and lots of
grass and currently the Festival of Lights. Just makes me want to cry at
what could have been in downtown Mpls if Block E had become a park."

Gee Annie, the last time I looked out my living room window I saw a fountain
(the Berger fountain), watched workers prepare for the ice rink on a real
lake, with all the warm weather saw acres of still green grass, and this
past summer attended lots of music and other events.  Annie, it's called
LORING PARK  and it is right downtown already.
Richard Anderson
Loring Park

PS  Great Idea tho about a Festival of Lights which you mention.  Would the
Park Board be interested in creating something as wonderful as downtown
St.Paul?