No, not at all.  I would be the first to stand-up against police brutality, and have in fact, on a couple of occasions, when I experienced it first-hand, done so.

What I am saying is that if you're really interested in assisting the minorities/impoverished class of society, the time would be better invested in assisting them out of their current dilemma, instead of making it "less-painful" for them to live there.

We are creating a perpetual cycle of lower-class citizens and police brutality by allowing large concentrations of minorities to exist in "pockets" of our city.  Given a choice if all things were equal, where do you think the majority of my minority neighbors would rather live, Kenwood or Jordan?  I've lost track of how many young kids my wife and I have come into contact with that have followed down the same path that so many disadvantaged children (before them) have gone down.  It's all because of where they live, not how they're treated by the police.

We project the outcome by either our actions or, inactions.

Dennis Plante

Jordan