David Brauer writes: "I'm thinking the city needs to establish price caps on
towing, much like price caps on interest rates."

Vicky adds:  Let's cap everything we don't like, starting with interest
payments, then salaries.

If your friend who was towed knew anything about city finance, he/she would
be much angrier about subsidizing the rent for Saks 5th Avenue, Neiman
Marcus, Target, etc.  Those charges amount to a lot more than $200, year
after year, but he/she doesn't know he/she is getting ripped off -- because
those charges are unidentifiable, buried deep in his/her property tax bill.

The fastest and easiest way to cap the city's wild spending is through a
charter amendment. I'm game!

Vicky Heller
North Oaks