I think David Brauer raises a very valid issue here.  I just called a
few towing companies and here's what I found.

If Cedar Towing tows your car from a private lot for lack of payment the
fee they gave me over the phone is $225.00

I called three other companies and said my car had broken down and
needed to be towed to my house 10 miles away. "How much?" I asked.

Extreme Towing - $65.00 plus $3.00/mile (they'd be there in 45 minutes)

D & D Towing - $45.00 plus $2.00/mile (and they'd come right away)

Dukes Towing - $65.00 flat fee (and they'd come right away)

Cedar Towing sure has a fancy fleet of trucks!  Shiny custom wheels,
sparkle paint and pinstripes.  If I go looking for a tow in a
competitive market it can be done for about $65.00.  Besides pinstripes,
what are the added expenses with the car towed for lack of payment to
justify a difference of $160.00?

Dan Prozinski
Cedar Riverside