More news from inside the parking belt of the 38th Street LRT
station........
As I was leaving my home the other day a person trying to park on the
street stopped me and asked me if I lived nearby.  Looking at the
handmade signs by the neighbors that say "Don't live here?-Don't park
here" he said "whats up with the signs"??.  I informed him they were
handmade by the residents of the block, and that in all due respect to
the law he could park anywhere.  But did we find it disrespectful??
Yes!! He then asked "well then-where in the he__ did Metro Transit
expect people to park?"  I told him they expect you to ride a bus, or
maybe 2 or 3 buses, or park at Fort Snelling for your convenience and
riding pleasure.  Now of course, whats done is whats done..but more
conversation proved to me even a deeper, not rocket science flaw that
occurred in the shall we say "mindset of metro-transit".  This guy said,
he'd never ride a bus, and further more he would not want his wife or
children to.  Simply: there are people who will never even consider
riding a bus.  We can deny it all we want.  But its true.  And the
public doesn't understand where they are supposed to park, or in fact;
that they are expected to ride a bus.  Its hard to imagine, they spent
so much thought, precision, and money and this is the best they could
do??  Where is the accountability of Metro Transit??? That's an oxymoron
isn't it?? I am happy that some people are finding the LRT a great
alternative to get to work "downtown", it saves them maybe $10 a day or
more in parking or gas or walking.  I am happy to see the bike racks
full by the train station.  Am I happy that the people going to the Dome
for a sports event get to park free in front of my house for their
recreation sports event and drinking?? Theres something very wrong with
this picture.