Situational truthfulness? I'm just a simple civil servant; but if I lie I could
and should lose my job.  When it comes to values, where is the line in the sand
drawn? Or does it shift with this or that advocacy or political inclination?

To generalize the misdeeds of others, shroud the jury with a cloak of blame,
and imply that justice has tainted because of the inherent "original sin" of a
government is an over simplification.  What evidence exists that the jury,
judge or prosecutor acted improper?   One may not results of the trial but to
decry the whole judicial system (because someone or everyone else is an evil
doer) is throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Greg Reinhardt

Excelsior

REMINDERS:
1. Think a member has violated the rules? Email the list manager at [EMAIL