The advice needed is: How the heck do you get started? I have created
several tables that are being used by people in various parts of the
world and are available for free download from my church's website.
These were simply data tables, though, that make use of Access'
sorting and filtering capabilities. IOW, no calculations are
necessary. I am now trying to develop a full-blown application for my
employer's very small real estate rental business and am quickly
learning that I need to learn a lot. :-) It would appear that hard
coding in VBA is the way to arrive at some math results that are not
really all that difficult from a math standpoint. I have Excel
spreadsheets that do all of it that we've been using for the three
years I've been there, but I haven't figured out how to make Access
perform the same calculations. I'm just [really] wanting to get away
from Excel and be able to look at and edit a single record. I'd really
like to find a free online tutorial to help me at least get started,
but haven't located the URL for it.

BTW, I'm using Office Pro 2003 and have bought a Dummies book on
Access 2003. It's helped me learn to use some Access features I had
never known, but not when it comes to arriving at totals, averages,
etc. Hope this is not too long-winded a query. Many TIA!

--

<>< Earl