De : vasi vasi <funl...@gmail.com>
Envoyé : vendredi 4 août 2023 15:58
À : General list for MSEide+MSEgui <mseide-msegui-talk@lists.sourceforge.net>
Objet : Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Save forms to bitmaps?

Is about running graphical applications based on LCL and MSEgui outside
X-Window, in framebuffer console...

MSEgui already uses a double-buffer mecanism in painting the final bitmap on
X-Window and Windows... as far as I understand... So, I will not go on top
level trying to get forms saving to a bitmap... the mechanism is already
present at the base of the MSEgui... just change the destination...

On Fri, Aug 4, 2023 at 2:25 AM Sieghard via mseide-msegui-talk
<mseide-msegui-talk@lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:mseide-msegui-talk@lists.sourceforge.net>>
 wrote:
Hello Fred,

you wrote on Thu, 3 Aug 2023 18:38:56 +0000:

> There is a topic on Lazarus forum about save forms to bitmaps with MSEgui:
> https://github.com/mse-org/mseide-msegui Unfortunately, at the moment,
> unlike LCL, MSEgui is not able to save forms to bitmaps, which is

You did bring this up before, and you might remember that I investigated
it a bit, finding that the designated functions aren't implemented.

> something very important for MSEgui. Much more important than it is for
> LCL.

Hm. I don't see much neccessity for that, especially as screen capture
programs exist in masses. Didn't you find some solution using such an
approach yourself?
> Is it possible to save forms to bitmaps?

Well, the last thing I could achieve without delving deeply into writing
additional drawing code was a program creating a bitmap of the, still
empty, form rectangle, filled with black color.

> Sure with a capture-screen and select a position it is possible but it
> seems they want something else.

Who are "they"? Are "they" important for msegui's persistance?
If so, it MIGHT be useful to tackle the chore...

Vasi