Hello Fred,

you wrote on Thu, 18 Apr 2024 21:26:19 +0000:

> I apologize for the late answer.

No reason - it's not that urgent anyway.

> >The therein mentioned
> projects are mainly working now, and I've also produced a SQLite browser
> Thanks for this great addition, I will test it deeply asap.

Well, they're probabely not that great, though they might serve as simple-
minded examples. They're somewhat centered around the "newdialogs", but,
with "a few" modifications, might be made useable with the standard dialogs
also. But I've not tried that and thus don't know how to do it.

> >But I've a BIG gripe to present: At least with the current ide,
> >debugging
> has evolved to a nightmare.
>
> I am sorry but I cannot reproduce (or understand) the problem.

Yes, I can imagine, now. Especially when you're using a windows system for
your work, you might not even be able to set up the ide to produce the
problem. I'm working - exclusively - under Linux (I specified my system in
my latest posting). As I'm a lazy gui, I put a link to the "newdialogs"
directory in the current working directory to have an easy access to units
that might have to be modified. And when I'd opened a file from this link
to modify or place a breakpoint, that's when the editor gets confused. It
doesn't recognize that a file it attempts to load from an internal request
that that's the same file, probabely because it doen't resolve the link
(although there are msegui functions for that, as I saw) and only checks
the file path (which is reasonable). Thus, the problem essentially turns
out to some amount of misuse, caused by, kind of, (my) overly optimistic
assumptions concerning the abilities of the tool set used.

> Could you, please, test your project with the latest mseide from Martin:

I realized that when I did this, and found the same, well, effects
occurring even with the original "historic" ide. This led me to a bit
further thought and investigation, and so I found the REAL cause for my -
thus self-inflicted - annoyance. So, there's no fault with the ide.
One might just wonder whether it might be of use to warn the user when he
attempts to load a file of the same name as one already open, to avoid HIM
getting confused what he is working on. Or, on Unixen, always fully resolve
paths for comparison during loading to avoid multiple openings. This might
even be appropriate in cases where one sets breakpoints in an indirectly
opened file that the debugger recognizes as part of the project (and that
even gets marked for code referencess (blue dots) and breakpoints (red
dots). That's probabely what caused my confusion in the first place.
After all, this was a false alarm only, and everything works as intended,
except when a nosy user attempts to outsmart his tools.
So I hope I didn't cause you too much inconvenience and could finally
clarify the cause.

In the end, I have to thank you for your help and patience,
and I wish you a nice and trouble-free weekend.