On 11/13/2013 09:16 PM, Sieghard wrote:
> Yes, with enough implementation effort on the side of the compiler, it
> can.
I understand that this is exactly what Marin is up to. :-)

> Algol_did_  provide block local variables within enclosing blocks, though

OK.

If you or Martin think an additional block is syntactically necessary or
sensible, I would not vote against it, even though I never had a problem
with the "slobby" gnu C style with variables declared just when needed:

I think it readable just fine instead of

int test(int par) {
   int i;
   i := par;
}