On Tuesday 06 December 2016 20:05:44 Krzysztof wrote:
> I'm not familiar with background but wondering how it is possible that on
> old Skype app which wasn't update from a years for linux, tray icon and pop
> up is still working fine? They build it on DBUS from the beginning?

I don't know. Or KDE makes their compatibility layer so that it works with
Skype. Did you try to kill Skipe and check if the icon still works after
restart in the same session? Another problem I have in OpenSUSE Leap 42.1 is
that resizing of the icon not always works. In order to debug all effects and
find workarounds I would need to compile KDE with debug info and run in
debugger. No easy task either...
And read what David writes:

"
Note, that we consider embedded trays legacy, and instead support the
modern protocol:
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/StatusNotifierItem/

For best results, mseide should use that.
You'll get better results in Unity too.
"