On Saturday 26 November 2016 17:54:03 Martin Schreiber wrote:
> On 11/23/2016 07:25 PM, Krzysztof wrote:
> >> It becomes difficult...
> >> I spent many hours with experiments, see
> >> https://www.mail-archive.com/kde-devel@kde.org/msg09024.html
> >
> > That not sound good :/
> > On Linux Mint 18 I have KDE Plasma 5.6.5 but there is 5.8 on the way soon
> > from kubuntu backports
>
> It seems most of current windowmanagers have broken support for the
> net_system_tray_opcode protocol. That means that I must implement a
> complete DBus interface in MSEgui. A very big expenditure only in order
> to show a tray icon, it will take a while.

git master 30abcbe9abb89d1733fd75ca824227a258b8ed17 uses DBus if available and
traywidget.options two_usedbus is set. Overhead and development effort are
crazy...
There are also workarounds for net_system_tray_opcode on newer window managers
so it is possible that ttraywidget is usable on your KDE version without
two_usedbus.