On 28/12/2020 9:48 pm, fredvs wrote:
> What key are you using to do "[" and  "]"?
> Here on my azerty keyboard I have to press "Alt Gr" (the right Alt key) and
> the key "(" (that is "5" in maj).

I use a programmable keyboard (Ergodox) and have a Symbols layer. So I can
tell it to switch to the Symbols layer, then press Ctrl and the [ key. My
operating system is set up as US Qwerty, but my Ergodox does all the
keyboard layout translations for me to my actual layout BEAKL-15.

Here is my keyboard layout:
  https://configure.ergodox-ez.com/ergodox-ez/layouts/q96az/latest/0

I'm assuming my keyboard sends the keycode directly to the operating system.

This is what xev (linux/freebsd utility) shows when I press the [ key on
my Symbols layer.

===========================
KeyPress event, serial 36, synthetic NO, window 0x1200001,
    root 0x1d7, subw 0x0, time 474847122, (-125,121), root:(749,250),
    state 0x0, keycode 34 (keysym 0x5b, bracketleft), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (5b) "["
    XmbLookupString gives 1 bytes: (5b) "["
    XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyRelease event, serial 36, synthetic NO, window 0x1200001,
    root 0x1d7, subw 0x0, time 474847250, (-125,121), root:(749,250),
    state 0x0, keycode 34 (keysym 0x5b, bracketleft), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (5b) "["
    XFilterEvent returns: False
===========================

So it seems Shift is not sent to the OS at all. But that would be expected
because the [ and ] symbols are un-shifted keys on a standard US Qwerty
keyboard.

> Other totally other thing:
> http://geldenhuys.co.uk/webnews/ in not accessible for days (and week).

Yeah, I recently switched internet providers and received a new router. It
is playing havoc with my website. Still trying to figure out what is going
on. I believe direct access to the NNTP news server (with a NNTP Client) works.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/