Hello Sieghard.

> (One area I found that is the "stat" file handling of existing components,
> that's often writing out data never reloaded, or even vice versa.)

Yes, for me it is the biggest problem with MSEgui.
"stat" files works ok for all my projects but fails for some MSEide himself
on ARM aarch64 cpu.

After deep explorations it seems that is related with semaphore and access
to disk.
MSEgui has custom methods to access disk that does not work on aarch64.

But sadly my skill in semaphores things is too low.

See here:
http://mseide-msegui-talk.13964.n8.nabble.com/MSEide-MSEgui-talk-Semaphore-in-CPUARM-vs-CPUAARCH64-td2579.html

There is something that I did not catch for msegui and aarch64, it seems to
be a problem of class or semaphore.

About the problem of colormask, of course your fixes are more than welcome.