Hello Sieghard.

>> I try to use your "podemo4stock.zip" updated files but with the
>> podemo version of mseide-msegui, it crash at run. Could you, please,

>Are there any news on this? What about the full version I made
>available?

Like explained in my previous post, I updated last week
mseide-msegui/Potools/POdemo and your MOdemo with the 'Sieghard-langname" way.
Did you check it?
https://github.com/mse-org/mseide-msegui/tree/main/tools/POtools/MOdemo
(You are welcome to update also POdemo with your MOdemo procedures.)

> preliminary success on my attempt for a fully "self operating" string
>extractor (captions, hints and the like) and, provided an appropriate
> If you were interested in the idea, I could possibly build a "nearly
> working" version soon, and provide a modified code of your "ideU" as
> a demonstration. What do you think?

Yes, excellent.
Imho, it would be perfect if you could incorporate your string-extractor into
/mseide-msegui/potools/MOdemo and POdemo (or do a new PO tool).
So mseide-msegui will have a complete demo of what we can do with PO/MO files
with all the tools included.
Of course in the POtools-string-extractor there will be only few captions but
it is ok to understand how it works.

And for ideU it is perfect to test your string-extractor with many different
caption-widgets.

By the way, I just finish to extract (mainly manually) all the captions of a
other project:
https://github.com/fredvs/strumpract

And it was a long and boring work, your string-extractor would have been very
helpful and welcome. 😉