Perhaps you have some insight to this: is mspgcc (as opposed to mspgcc4)
still alive?  I wasn't been able to get an answer to the basic question of
whether cvs or bazaar was the right repository to look at, so I've given up
and am coordinating with the maintainers of the mspgcc4 project, which seems
to be more current.

Peter