Not a cygwin user, so I'm reaching here, but there may be a package
libcurses-devel (or libncurses-devel) that you need in order to get the
headers.  This is generally the fix for this problem when it arises under
Linux.

Unless you're sure the curses.h you found matches the libncurses library, I
do not recommend copying it into the gdb source area.  You'll probably just
find that there's another header that's missing too.

Peter