Hi Mark,

On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 12:02:48PM -0700, Mark J. Blair wrote:
> On Sep 2, 2010, at 11:57 AM, Peter Bigot wrote:
> > Go to http://www.elprotronic.com and download FET-Pro430.  The Lite (free)
> > version has done everything I needed.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion! I'll give that a try.
>
> I hope that someday I'll be able to use the TI USB programmers under Mac OS
> X, without needing to pop up WinXP on a virtual machine. Has anybody looked
> into reverse-engineering the USB protocols for those programmers so that a
> fully open-source implementation that supports them can be created?

A fully open-source implementation exists, it's called mspdebug
(http://mspdebug.sourceforge.net/). And the protocol is not a USB one, it's a
serial protocol over a USB-to-serial chip (the TI3410). So, all you need is a
driver for the TI3410 for your OS, and you're done.

baruch

--
                                                     ~. .~   Tk Open Systems
   - bar...@tkos.co.il - tel: +972.2.679.5364, http://www.tkos.co.il -