Hi Valentin,

No I have not been able to make a JTAG connection before. I tried
downgrading to version 2 of the firmware but I get the following
error. So I suspect that there is something not right with the FET?

./mspdebug tilib -d ttyACM0 --require-fw-update Uifv3Downgrader.txt

MSPDebug version 0.22 - debugging tool for MSP430 MCUs
Copyright (C) 2009-2013 Daniel Beer <dlb...@gmail.com>

MSP430_Initialize: ttyACM0
Updating firmware using Uifv3Downgrader.txt
Starting firmware update (this may take some time)...
tilib: MSP430_FET_FwUpdate: Hardware State is unknown (error = 77)
tilib: device initialization failed