On 03/03/17 14:29, David W. Schultz wrote:
> On 03/03/2017 05:20 AM, Bob von Knobloch wrote:
>> As far as I can see, the 'bloat' is in library funcs (newlib?).
>> Why the 50% increase and can I mitigate this somehow?
>> Regards,
>> Bob von Knobloch.
>>

> Hard to say without seeing the code. Have you looked at the resulting
> file using objdump? If not, that can disassemble the code into something
> readable so you can see just what is going on.

Yes, it shows (as does the .map file) that the .text corresponding to my
source is approx. the same size for both compilers, but that the very
basic library functions that get pulled in (add, subtract etc.) are
producing much more code than in the old version.
I have tested different optimisation switches, but always get the same
resulting code size.

Bob