On 23/03/17 11:45, David W. Schultz wrote:
> While you didn't explicitly call a function in your interrupt routine,
> the compiler did for the right shift of TXByte.

Which the 'old' compiler doesn't.

And your complaint to TI of April 2015 appears to have been ignored.

> Making TXByte a signed int makes this go away. (The MSP430 doesn't have
> a single instruction to do the unsigned right shift.) You don't need for
> it to be unsigned because you don't care about those bits.

In this case, true, but irritating.

> A minor nit:
>
> Making TXByte and BitCnt volatile buys you nothing except slower code.

Yes, I forgot to remove this. It was just an attempt to try to influence
the compiler.

Is there any way of inputting this to TI?

and

Do you know where there is proper documentation of their instruction
set? What I have from TI is scant, to say the least.

Thanks,

Bob