I am hoping someone can help me understand an issue I am having with a
Primary site server/management point Post 1511-1702 upgrade process.  It is
a standalone Primary with the MP role and it is the only MP.

After the upgrade from 1511-1610 we noticed that the MP started getting
"error 500, internal server error" once the role was reinstalled by the
upgrade. It had been functioning before we started the servicing process.
In addition, in looking at logging, we realized that the CM client had been
installed on the Primary and for whatever reason it was stuck in a
reinstall/repair loop (probably because the MP was down).  I was able to
successfully uninstall the client (using ccmsetup /uninstall) and then I
uninstalled the MP role, rebooted and reinstalled the MP role,
unfortunately, with the same result, error 500.  This was all done while on
an unpatched 1610 instance.

We made the decision to finish the upgrade to 1702 and the hotfix, 4019926,
but unfortunately saw the same results, error 500.  Some weird behavior we
obsered, when the role is being reinstalled, I actually see the FSP (on the
same site server) responding to clients with 200 "ok" responses in the IIS
logs, but then once the MP role comes back online, the logs roll back to
the error 500. (Just seemed odd to me)

I have seen posts from others about similar issues when the client gets
installed on a site server hosting different roles (DP), but I didn't want
to try "blowing away WMI" on this host, as it is the Primary site server,
but I am open to anyone's suggestions, or experiences.

I did open a premiere support ticket, but that process is slower than
molasses in January these days.

Thanks in advance

Jay Marsett