Hi!

I'm doing one right now, however I can't guarantee it'll be any good or
that it'll be done anytime soon. I guess what I'm trying to do is just
what you describe - a siple multisync interface to other external
syncing programs that may be written in any language. I'm also trying to
solve that exact problem from the link in the first post, namely to
enable MultiSync to work with Mozilla Calendar .ics files, possibly on a
 webDAV. The reason I want to do it this way is that I feel that there
are certain aspects of syncing (like get/put on a webDAV and .ics file
parsing) that are simple enough to be adequately filled by small scripts
in higher level languages, like for example python. Also, if a simple
script interaction multisync plugin existed, this could be put to good
use by people with good ideas but are unable to build a C API for
multisync (which actually proved quite tricky... :-). Maybe then people
would feel more inclined to contribute to multisync and hopefully we
would see even more integration and cross-talk among our favorite
gadgets and programs.

Best wishes to all!
/Joel Hedlund

Matt Kay wrote:

<snip />

Just my $POCKET_CHANGE

Lol. That seems an equally good way of doing it: it is a bit less user-friendly but allows for ssl transfers or transfers to nfs shares etc., so is more flexible, and allows for a bit of tidy-up as you suggest.

What do the developers think about the idea of producing a plugin along the lines of the two posts above?

Best wishes,
Matt

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: YOU BE THE JUDGE. Be one of 170 Project Admins to receive an Apple iPod Mini FREE for your judgement on who ports your project to Linux PPC the best. Sponsored by IBM. Deadline: Sept. 24. Go here: http://sf.net/ppc_contest.php _______________________________________________ Multisync-devel mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/multisync-devel