On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 13:02 -0400, Armin Bauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as some of you know, the multisync webpage had been defaced due to
> improper security settings on a file. The problem is that i dont have a
> possibility to set correct permission on the files that allow the
> webserver to write to it, but does not allow this to other users.
>
> Maybe its a good time to move the cvs and the webpages away from sf to
> our own servers...
>
> Does anyone have access to a machine where we can put our stuff? I think
> we dont need too much of bandwidth to keep the webpage and cvs running.

I just received a reply from the sf.net to my question if it possible to
set it up securely. It is impossible. So i am now making the cms read
only so that no one can deface our website again, which kind of defeats
the purpose of the cms.

I think after the woes with the public cvs, the slow access and now this
insecurity, we should _really_ move somewhere else.
--
Armin Bauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>