Hi,

I did some debugging this evening to find out why my contacts (T68i)
with voice command data was not synced. I found out that userdata of a
OBEX-request is actually empty in this case.

Debug output with some lines added by me follows. 0000B7000000 is the
uid of the contact with voice data.

<BEGIN COMMENTED DEBUG>
// Log file looks like this
Changecounter: 299
Change log:
SN:350371455585498
DID:EFF
Total-Records:96
Maximum-Records:510
M:487::0000B7000000

// The userdata of the OBEX request to "telecom/pb/luid/<uid>.vcf
[irmc_sync] objdata:
 00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00
00  00  00  00 ...
... 00
[irmc_sync] objlen: 10240

[syncengine] currentchanges: 1
Change, UID: 0000B7000000
LUID: pas-id-41ACE17C00000004
Type: 1
Phonebook entry:

// And as you can see where it should be vcard data, it is an empty
string.

Got 1 changes.
Change type: 1, object type: 2
UID:
pas-id-41ACE17C00000004
Comp:
</END>

I am no expert in OBEX and how Ericsson telephones implement this
standard, but it is clear to me that userdata of a OBEX-request is empty
if the contact contains voice (or other binary?) data. Perhaps multiple
requests must be done, but I am just guessing.

/Jonas
--
Jonas Birmé ([EMAIL PROTECTED])        Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.birme.se/~birme/           IRC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    +-----< Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy >--