On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 17:32 +0800, Gideon N. Guillen wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:29:56 +0200, Mika Raento
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > This is the only one I disagree with. The device explicitly sends a
> > 'Put' with its devinf, which in my understanding _is_ a request for the
> > server to keep a copy of it around for future reference.
>
> Not really. To quote the SyncML Representation document:
>
> --begin--
> Put
> Usage: Specifies the SyncML command to transfer data items to a
> recipient network device or database.
> --end--
>
> Nothing there says that you should store whatever data you have in the
> Put command. I'm not sure if the SyncML plugin on multisync actually
> conforms to the capability of the client. If true, storing the device
> capability is pointless right now. And you can reall send a "Put"
> command to the client to send capabilities of the server because most
> client does not support receiving of the Put and Get command (For your
  ^^^^^^

Ah. But in this case we are a _server_, right? And transferring data
items to a 'device or database' sounds like keeping them around and not
just dropping them on the floor.

        Mika

--
Mika Raento           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.iki.fi/mikie/
"You can't *ADD* things and come out with *LESS* than you started with!"