On 12/10/12 12:42 PM, Dave Gamble wrote:
I dream of a time when TeX notation will be acceptable and universal
in contexts like this.

y=(1/N) \sum_{i=0}^N x_i

doesn't stay ugly for very long, and is ultimately easier to read.
And you can paste it into here:
http://www.codecogs.com/latex/eqneditor.php and then it's actually
even MORE readable than anything rendered in ASCII... and it's
completely precise.

Dave.

someone should make a smart email/usenet client that recognizes TeX and renders it. my Thunderbird is soooo smart that it boldens text that is delimited by asterisks. like *this*. there would be nothing wrong with requiring <tex> and </tex> delimiters.

i agree with the sentiment, Dave. but i still find \sum_{i=0}^N to be difficult to render in my brain.

--

r b-j                  r...@audioimagination.com