Hi,

The first version of the Cecilia software was developed in 1995, 25
years ago, by Jean Piché and Alexandre Burton at the Faculty of Music
of the Université de Montréal. A big thank you to both of you for this
jewel of sound software, a must in the world of sound processing for
more than two decades! It's been a dozen years now that I've taken the
project under my wing and I've ensured its continuity. Although it has
undergone some rather radical transformations, notably the passage
from Csound to pyo as a sound processing engine and the complete
rewriting of the graphical interface with Python/WxPython, the main
role of the software remains unchanged: it is an exceptional toolbox
for exploring audio signal processing. In order to highlight Jean's
immense contribution to the composition sector of the Faculty of Music
and to the electro-acoustic community in general, I am very pleased to
announce the release of Cecilia 5.4.0, available for download on
AjaxSoundStudio:

http://ajaxsoundstudio.com/software/cecilia/

A lot of bugs and crashes have been fixed, making it one of the most
stable versions in Cecilia's history (even under Windows!).

Some new modules have been created for the occasion: AutoModFilter,
Binaural, StateVar2, MatrixReverb, WaveScanSynth and Stutterer.

Wishing you a lot of fun tweaking the sound,

Olivier

Online documentation: http://ajaxsoundstudio.com/cecilia5doc/
Software sources: https://github.com/belangeo/cecilia5
Bug tracker: https://github.com/belangeo/cecilia5/issues