"

The term Zmw(m-n)of (4.4)isseen to be the sum of the window shifted by
m samples.
By recognizing that the ex- pression&,w(m-n)issimplyasumofthevaluesofalow-
passwindow,itcanbeshown[8]thatifw(n)issampledata sufficiently dense rate,
then

w(m-n)= w(ejo) (4.5) m

independentofthewindowoffsetn,whereW(ejo)isthevalue of W(e'"), the
transform of the window,evaluated at zero frequency. Thus(4.4)becomes

Signal

xm(ejwS ejwP]

showing that the synthesis rule of (4.2) will lead to exact re-
construction of x ( n ) boyverlap-adding sections of the waveform.

The entire synthesis procedure depends on the sampling re- lation of
(4.5). This
relationshipisvalid to withinan aliasing error which can be made
negligiably smd for sufficiently high sampling rates of the window-i.e., as the
sampling rate of the short-time Fourier transform estimates increases, the
aliasing error decreases monotonically to zero."

so theoretically there is an error that decreases to zero if you sample and
window the signal at a sufficiently high rate.  this means that, at a
practical rate, the error will present itself