I have started an update project in the Mutopia GIT repository and this is
a request for assistance. There are 15 files in the archive that are
written for LilyPond versions less than 2.0 and I have entered each one of
them as an open issue in GIT. A
milestone<https://github.com/chrissawer/The-Mutopia-Project/issues/milestones>has
also been created to track the progress of the effort,

https://github.com/chrissawer/The-Mutopia-Project/issues/milestones

>From that link you can also navigate to the individual list of issues.

The way I would like the process to work is:

   - you notify me which piece you would like to update
   - I will assign that issue to you (will need a GITHUB username)
   - using GIT, branch and work in your clone of the GIT repository
   - when finished with the update, commit and submit a pull request

I will accommodate non-GIT users by marking your chosen piece as assigned.
Send me an email stating which piece you would like to update and email the
file when complete. If you do not have a GITHUB account I will submit the
pull request with your name in the commit message.

Note: I have completed the first (Mertz Etude, #111) and have assigned
myself the second (#247). I can tell you that even the small Mertz etude, a
2-voice guitar piece, presented a few challenges.

111 MertzJK,Etude in A
minor<http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=111>
 [Done]
247 GriegE,Aase's Death from Peer Gynt Suite
I<http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=247>
[Assigned
to glenl]
236 LisztF,Second
Ballade<http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=236>
341
TchaikovskyPI,Doumka<http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=341>
25 MozartWA,Horn Concerto No.
3<http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=25>
250 MozartWA,Trio in E-flat Major KV.
498<http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=250>
264 BrahmsJ,Vals no.
3<http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=264>
265 BrahmsJ,Vals no.
9<http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=265>
281 GriegE,Anitra's Dance (Tanz) from Peer Gynt Suite
I<http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=281>
288 BeethovenLv,Sonata No. 23 “Appassionata” (2nd Movement: Andante con
moto) <http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=288>
304 WeckmannM,Praeambulum A. 5.
Vocum<http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=304>
305 WeckmannM,Praeambulum Primi toni a
5<http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=305>
314
SchumannR,Romanzen<http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=314>
344 MozartWA,Andante in C Major K.
315<http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=344>
346 MozartWA,Symphony nr. 18 in F major K.
130<http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=346>

Regards and good editing.

-glen

p.s, the original DB report in case you have a favorite LilyPond version
you like to update...

Version   ID      Composer        Title
--------  ------  --------------
1.4.7     111     MertzJK         Etude in A minor
1.5.63    247     GriegE          Aase's Death from Peer Gynt Suite I
1.6.10    236     LisztF          Second Ballade
1.6.10    341     TchaikovskyPI   Doumka
1.6.11    25      MozartWA        Horn Concerto No. 3
1.6.12    250     MozartWA        Trio in E-flat Major KV. 498
1.6.2     264     BrahmsJ         Vals no. 3
1.6.2     265     BrahmsJ         Vals no. 9
1.6.9     281     GriegE          Anitra's Dance (Tanz) from Peer Gynt
Suite I
1.6.9     288     BeethovenLv     Sonata No. 23 “Appassionata” (2nd
Movement: Andante con
1.6.9     304     WeckmannM       Praeambulum A. 5. Vocum
1.6.9     305     WeckmannM       Praeambulum Primi toni a 5
1.7.21    314     SchumannR       Romanzen
1.7.30    344     MozartWA        Andante in C Major K. 315
1.8.0     346     MozartWA        Symphony nr. 18 in F major K. 130