Hi.

I typeset a little piece in lilypond and wanted to contribute it to
the mutopia project.  However, I have doubts about its copyright
status.  It is an arrangement for cello solo and piano of a JS Bach
piece.  It was arranged by Sam Franko which died in May 1937.  The
score I used as source is available at IMSLP:

http://tx0.org/7fv

According to IMSLP, the score is in the public domain but USA
copyright law can be somewhat confusing, especially when it involves
copyright renewal.  The score says the copyright was renewed in 1943.
The copyright status of a work can change from country to country.
Does the mutopia project follow USA copyright law?  Is it safe for the
project to accept my contribution?

Regards,

--
Hermógenes Hebert Pereira Oliveira