#3040: charset difference between index browser and pager

Comment (by Alain Bench):

 {{{
  On Friday, March 21, 2008 at 6:56:26 -0000, Miek Gieben wrote:

 > the from address in de index is displayed as ?lafur Gu?mansson, and in
 > the body of the mail it is rendered okay (as it looks in the HTML).

     Thanks Miek, Google groups gave me the original raw header:

 | From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=D3lafur?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?_Gu=F0mundsson?= /DNSEXT
 chair <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

     This is the expected correct encoding, and is displayed perfectly in
 index as in pager. There are 2 possible explanations for your symptom:

  -1) You have no locale, ie. no LANG nor LC_* variable in environment.
 Solution: Export a locale appropriate for your language, country, and
 character set (perhaps "export LANG=nl_NL.UTF-8"), and check it works
 with the "locale" and "locale charmap" commands.

  -2) Your cache is corrupted. Solution: delete the cache files, and
 restart Mutt.

 Bye!    Alain.
 }}}

--