#3040: charset difference between index browser and pager

Comment (by Miek Gieben):

 {{{
 [25 Mar, @02:21 CET, Mutt wrote in "Re: [Mutt] #3040: charset diff ..."]
 >      Thanks Miek, Google groups gave me the original raw header:
 >
 >  | From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=D3lafur?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?_Gu=F0mundsson?=
 /DNSEXT
 >  chair <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 >
 >      This is the expected correct encoding, and is displayed perfectly
 in
 >  index as in pager. There are 2 possible explanations for your symptom:
 >
 >   -1) You have no locale, ie. no LANG nor LC_* variable in environment.
 >  Solution: Export a locale appropriate for your language, country, and
 >  character set (perhaps "export LANG=nl_NL.UTF-8"), and check it works
 >  with the "locale" and "locale charmap" commands.
 >
 >   -2) Your cache is corrupted. Solution: delete the cache files, and
 >  restart Mutt.

 % export | grep -i lang
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 LANGUAGE=en_US:en_GB:en

 looks okay. I've also removed the header caches and restarted mutt.
 Both had no effect, setting LANG=nl_NL.UTF-8 also didn't help (I
 expected that...). I will make a screenshot of the issue tonight. And
 i will compile a development version of mutt, see what that does.

 --
 grtz,
  - Miek

--