On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 06:28:03PM -0800, Shawn D. McPeek wrote:

> The whole world doesn't have to be Linux to use this solution.  If your
> AIX box does not have gfmt, you can easily download the software and
> compile it for your AIX box.  Worked for me on AIX and HP-UX.

Sure and that is what I did do. I said I used AIX fmt first. I was
merely pointing out that not all "fmt"s are the same or useable in the
way described. With linux so dominant, this point does seem to be missed
sometimes. I have nothing against linux. I think it is great. I just
happen to use an old AIX box.

Cheers, Brian.

--
Associate Professor Brian Salter-Duke (Brian Duke) [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Chemistry, School of BECS, SITE, NT University, Darwin, NT 0909, Australia.