On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 18:23:40PM +0200, Rene Clerc wrote:
> You could put the following in your .muttrc:
> folder-hook <folder_name>  "push \"l~N\n\""
> and probably extend it to show old messages to (i have mark_old
> unset).

Yes!!!

folder-hook ^nntp "push '<limit> ~N<return>'"
folder-hook . "push '<limit> <return>'"

seem to make a trick. Thanks a lot. I am now really persuaded
that mutt is able to do everything (except for that buttered
bread, I know)! And help on this list is really terrific. Thanks
again.

> The only problem is, that when there are no new messages, this pattern
> fails to find matching messages, and subsequently all messages are
> shown.

Yes, it does, but it is really so much crucial, because then I
know immediately, that there is not much to read anyway and I can
go to the next group.

                Thanks a lot again

                        Matej Cepl

--