* Jesper Holmberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [02-10-2001 13:38]:

| * On Mon Oct 01, Ben Reser wrote:
| > It's deliberate. Search the archives this discussion has been had
| > several times.
|
| Well, I have yet to see a good explanation why this choice has been
| made. I am also still searching for a convenient way to use an old
| message as template for a new one, without having to remember to
| manually save the new one.

I'm also interested in a good explanation ;)

But, fact is that you don't need your memory on this one...

(look down)

| IMO, this is a quite serious problem, as it in fact makes the user lose
| data if he's not careful every time he uses this functionality. I have
| lost a handful of e-mails this way, meaning that short of sending the
| recipient another e-mail demanding the he send me back what I wrote to
| him, I have no way of recording what I have written.
|
| At least, I would very much appreciate a configuration variable by which
| you could choose which behavior is desirable.

macro index \ee "<resend-message>fsent_mail\n"

does the trick for me.

But I agree that it's a workaround. I'm not sure whether you'll want
another configuration variable; let's just turn it on by default.

--
René Clerc                      - ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are
others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform
a yellow spot into sun.
-Pablo Picasso