I've RTFM and haven't seen a way for mutt to send (not display)
multipart/alternative attachments.  Is there an external program that
can be used with mutt to do this?  I was considering using an existing
message as a template, but I thought I read where the boundary string
has to be unique and I'd rather not have to guess at a unique sequence
and edit the boundary manually.  Besides, it would be much easier to
have the attachments assembled automatically and after all, that's what
computers are for.

Before this degenerates into a discussion of "Why would you ever want to
do that?" and "Mail should be text/plain":  The reason I want this is
that as secretary for an organization, I need to regularly distribute a
form to the members.  The form was written as a Word document, and I'm
sure that most members would like it in that format, but I would like to
also distribute a text/plain version.

Thanks,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   | Spokane, Washington, USA