boris karlov muttered:
> On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 03:04:41PM +0100, Michael Tatge wrote:
> > boris karlov muttered:
> > > i have charset="koi8-r" but mutt always assumes that my text/plain
> > > attachments are in us-ascii charset if there is no certain charset
> > > record in `Content-Type:' field.
> > > do you know how to avoid such a behaviour of 1.2.5?
> >
> > Look for charset-hook in the manual.
> >
> charset-hook alias charset
>               This command defines an alias for a character  set.
>               This  is  useful to properly display messages which
>               are tagged with a character set name not  known  to
>               mutt.
>
> ...messages which _are_tagged_ with a character set name not to mutt...
> but i mean attachments with "Content-Type: text/plain", there is no charset
> part _at_all_.

Well, "" is a charset too, isn't it?

charset "" kio8-r or the matching ISO-whatever

does what you want. I use

charset-hook "" iso-8859-1

for the very same reason. Mutt assumes us-ascii, if nothing is specified
- according to the relevant RFCs, I presume. I often get mail with
German umlauts from people with broken mailers and the above helps me
reading those messages a lot. :)

HTH,

Michael
--