Rob --

...and then Feztaa said...
%
% Hey all. I was just wondering if there was some way that I could get
% mutt to automatically set up my mbox hooks for every folder in my ~/mail
% directory, so that way I can subscribe to a new mailing list without
% having to edit my .muttrc.
%
% Right now I've got this set up:
%
% mbox-hook =spam "=archives/`date +%Y-%m`-spam"
% mbox-hook =inbox "=archives/`date +%Y-%m`-inbox"
% ...

It's untested, but what about

  mbox-hook . "=archives/`date +%Y-%m`-%O"

to tell mutt to save in the original save folder but under this new
directory?  %O is detailed in 6.3.76, and I like to use it in conjunction
with the %_ patch from O'Shaughnessy Evans to ensure that the folder
name will be lowercased.

%
% (and so on for all of my mboxes). I want to automate this so I don't
% have to write a new one for all future mailing lists that I might decide
% to subscribe to :)
%
% I'm pretty sure I've seen this done somewhere, but I can't find it.
%
% Thanks :)

HTH & HAND & Happy New Year to all!

%
% --
% Rob 'Feztaa' Park
% [EMAIL PROTECTED]
% --
% "The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scots as a joke, but the Scots
% haven't seen the joke yet."
%               -- Oliver Herford

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]