On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 11:07:08PM -0700, Rob 'Feztaa' Park <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| Hey all. I was just wondering if there was some way that I could get
| mutt to automatically set up my mbox hooks for every folder in my ~/mail
| directory, so that way I can subscribe to a new mailing list without
| having to edit my .muttrc.
|
| Right now I've got this set up:
|
| mbox-hook =spam "=archives/`date +%Y-%m`-spam"
| mbox-hook =inbox "=archives/`date +%Y-%m`-inbox"
|
| (and so on for all of my mboxes). I want to automate this so I don't
| have to write a new one for all future mailing lists that I might decide
| to subscribe to :)
|
| I'm pretty sure I've seen this done somewhere, but I can't find it.

Well, it's indirect, but you could wrap mutt in a script which said:

        #!/bin/sh
        ( cd $HOME/mail
          when=`date +%Y-%m`
          for mbox in *
          do  echo "mbox-hook =$mbox \"=archives/$when-$mbox\""
          done >$HOME/.muttrc-auto
        )
        exec real-mutt-program ${1+"$@"}

and just source .muttrc-auto from .muttrc. Ugly but would work.
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

Will hack Perl code in spite of what my boss might say.
        - Dave Rensin, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>