On 2002.01.01, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        "David T-G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> %
> % But because it's a sourcer-level patch that I need to
> % patch-compile-install. I'm afraid that might cause trouble with my
> % current installation from rpm package by Mandrake 8.1.
>
> Hmmm...  That may cause you some problems.

If you're feeling adventurous, you could download the SRPM and add the
patch to that, then just use "rpm --rebuild", or whatever. It's been
several years since I made RPMs, so I'm not sure that's right.

> %
> % I'll wait some while for that rpm comes. Thank you.
>
> Don't hold your breath...  From Mr. Champion's patch download page:
>
>   ...   Although the basic X-Label idea and code
>   were absorbed into 1.3, these "extended" features were not, so you
>   should expect to re-apply this patch each time you upgrade Mutt.

Thomas's feeling was that the x-label editing was superfluous, since
you can edit the field with edit-message and an editor macro. But the
Mandrake people might be willing to include patches in their RPM --
perhaps you could write to them and ask.

(BTW, I'll note that the '%y' expando conflicts with a recent patch from
Mike Schiraldi, and the 'y' binding conflicts with catchup or something
from Vsevolod Volkov's NNTP patch. Such is life -- just be forewarned.)

--
 -D.    [EMAIL PROTECTED]        NSIT    University of Chicago