On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 10:11:10AM -0700, Rob 'Feztaa' Park wrote:
> Alas! Gerhard Siegesmund spake thus:
> > > This has been a great discussion.  I didn't know mutt could source the
> > > output of a command.
> >
> > Which version of mutt does this? I am using 1.2.5.1i and I just get an
> > error trying to source the output of a command. TIA
>
> I'm fairly sure that mutt will only source the output of a command if
> the output of a command is a filename for mutt to source :)
>
> The .muttrc is fairly robust. You can put almost any shell command into
> backticks (``), and it will be as though the output of that command is
> actually in the .muttrc file. This is why mutt is so much better than
> pine :)
>
> --
> Rob 'Feztaa' Park
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> --
> "The perfect computer has been developed. You just feed in your
> problems and they never come out again."
>               -- Al Goodman

The ways that script works is by outputting the muttrc to a tempory
file, the name of which is outputted for source, but what you can do is
just to put:

`~/bin/do-whatever.sh`

In the muttrc and mutt will interpret the output of the shell script
without the need of tempory files.

--
Benjamin Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]>