On 18.10.2007 (11:19), Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Eyolf Østrem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [10-18-07 10:58]:
> >     macro index,pager \ef "<change-folder-readonly>=mairix\n" "Search
> > results"
>                                            ^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Why readonly?  Mairix copies search matches into its own folder for
> display.

Only with mbox format, I think: "When writing to a mfolder in
maildir or MH format, mairix will populate it with symbolic links
pointing to the paths of the real messages that were matched by the
search expression. If a message in a mbox folder matches, mairix will
copy the message contents to a single file in the mfolder directory."

As for the readonly -- I'm not sure anymore. It's not something I've
come up with myself, certainly. I think I found it on this page:
http://larve.net/people/hugo/2003/scratchpad/VirtualFoldersInMutt.html
I remember to have read something somewhere about the necessity of
using readonly, but I can't remember where, nor why...

--
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi:
        The Force can have a strong influence on a weak mind.