------- Original Message -------
On Friday, April 22nd, 2022 at 13:24, Drew Weaver <drew.wea...@thenap.com>
wrote:

> Has anyone seen any progress whatsoever on supply chain issues with
> networking hardware?

Nope.

Personally speaking I'm struggling on everything from simple Intel network
cards to half-decent switches.

On the grapevine, I am hearing the same. I was, for example, talking to a rep
from $major_IX ... he said they've got more than one customer with pending port
connections due to lack of kit, and one customer told him some router card was
not due til Q1 2023.

I think the reality is it's going to get bad before it gets better. There's
probably an almighty backlog that needs to be processed before new orders reach
the front of the queue.

On another grapevine I've heard the situation is, shall we say, not helped by
the hyperscalers.  The hyperscalers are (allegedly) queue jumping using hard
$$$ ... i.e. saying to vendors "I'll give you this chunky order in return for a
place higher up the queue".  Vendors of course being vain beasts who don't care
for much apart from next quarter's financial results are (allegedly) lapping up
the "free" money.