Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 19:18:05 -0500
To: Ishgooda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: EPA ASKED TO REQUIRE BUTTERFLY-SAVING MEASURES

******************************
EPA ASKED TO REQUIRE BUTTERFLY-SAVING MEASURES

The Environmental Defense Fund has urged the U.S. EPA and major seed
companies to limit the planting of Bt corn, a genetically-engineered
variety designed to produce its own pesticide. The corn produces
pollen deadly to Monarch butterflies and other butterfly species,
including the endangered Karner Blue.

http://www.edf.org/pubs/NewsReleases/1999/Jul/c_butterflies.html

Reprinted under the Fair Use http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html