And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 18:54:48 EDT
Subject: Menendez

Saint Augustine, FL- The American Indian Movement of Florida (Florida AIM)
condemns the organizers condemns the annual genocidal glorification ceremony
known as the reenactment of the invasion of Pedro Menendez and the
grotesquely stereotypical depiction of Indigenous peoples at this event by a
racist organization calling itself "ancient native.org"
Florida AIM can not tolerate celebrations honoring the murderers and
invaders of Indigenous peoples and Nations. No other people must tolerate
celebrations honoring their genocide. There is no celebration of Adolf
Hitler; none for Pol Pott-yet Indigenous peoples must constantly endure
celebrations honoring the murderers of their ancestors. Celebrations honor
De Soto, Navarez, Andrew Jackson and Menendez Florida AIM Executive Director
Sheridan Murphy informed the crowd at this years Menendez reenactment that
AIM will not allow such a reenactment to occur in the year 2000
Florida AIM finds the representation of Indigenous peoples by Caucasian
individuals dressed as Neanderthals grotesquely offensive. Such a
representation of Indigenous peoples is beyond racist and stereotypical.
Florida AIM is filing a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission
citing the blatant racism, stereotyping and false advertising located in the
organizations web site. Florida AIM will also not allow such a vile and
racist representation of Indigenous peoples to continue.
Florida AIM prefers the dialogue of cooperation to the rhetoric of
confrontation. As such we will extend the offer of dialogue through letters
and meetings. However, we can not-and will not allow this charade and
genocidal glorification ceremony to continue. As we disrupted Columbus
events in 1992 and halted the Hernando DeSoto festival in Bradenton we will
do the same with this genocidal glorification ceremony honoring Menendez.