Posted by [EMAIL PROTECTED] :

From: "Karen Mitchell"
Dearest Ish,
I thought you might be interested in this:  Karen

'BEARS' BLOCK INTERFOR SHIPMENT OF WESTERN RED CEDAR;
Environmental groups launch new campaign targeting
all cedar users in U.S.

WASHINGTON, December 14, 1999—Greenpeace activists today
blocked a shipment of Interfor’s Western Red Cedar from leaving a
British Columbia rail yard en route to the United States. Two people
dressed as bears (symbolizing the loss of grizzly habitat) attached
themselves and a banner reading “Interfor Selling out Canada’s Cedar
Rainforest” to a rail car loaded with Western Red Cedar. Another
activist attached himself to a truck blocking the train’s access to the
main line.

For a full copy of this press release, please visit the following URL:

http://www.greenpeaceusa.org/media/press_releases/99_12_14b.htm